(effective as of 01/09/2023)
In order to pursue its mandate and mission, ICRISAT processes information about individuals (“Personal Information”). ICRISAT, as the owner and administrator of www.Icrisat.org, collects, stores, and uses certain types of information about the users of the website.
- www.Icrisat.org (also referred to as "Icrisat.org" or "Website" or "We") is totally committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal information received from you ("User"). At Icrisat.org, the confidentiality of our Users is a top priority.
- As part of our information dissemination activities, We may need to send some communications to you through email and notifications posted on the Website or through other means available, including text and other forms of messaging. Though we prefer to communicate with our Users via email, as may be deemed necessary, you agree to receive our phone calls, related to your interest/request on Icrisat.org.
- When you sign up to receive our e-newsletters, We may periodically send emails about new publications or other information, which you may find interesting and beneficial as well. If you do not wish to receive promotional information from us, you can, at any time, choose to opt out of receiving ICRISAT e-newsletters. To unsubscribe from our e-newsletters, you can follow the directions included in the e-newsletter.
- You must ensure to provide us with the correct or up-to-date Personal Information. This will allow us to contact you for further correspondence with respect to your interest/request at Icrisat.org. We are not responsible for any inaccurate information you provide to us, which may affect your experience on our website.
- If, at any time, you want to access, update, modify, or eliminate any of your account information at Icrisat.org, you may do so by clicking "Your Account", and then review/change your sensitive personal information as you want it to be.
- Icrisat.org may, in the future, request other optional information from you in order to customize the Website to deliver a personalized experience to our Users.
Information We Collect About You
- We do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information. You can access and use the Website without providing any personal information. However, you might provide us with your personal and demographic information – including your name, gender, age, address, phone number, email address, affiliation, and any other information– in the following ways:
- As a New User, when you register/create an account, make any request, or upload your details at Icrisat.org;
- As an Existing User, when you update your existing profile on Icrisat.org;
- When you sign up for e-newsletters at Icrisat.org;
- When you use or participate in our various programs, Contact Us or submit your Testimonials at Icrisat.org.
- During your visit to our Website, We may automatically receive technical information about your computer/device, including your IP address, your computer operating system, time-zone, browser type, and browser plug-in details, due to the communication protocol settings on the Internet.
- When you browse our Website, We may also collect information regarding the pages you viewed, the web addresses from which you arrived or clicked through, time spent on particular pages, download errors, and page response times. All this information helps us analyse Users' trends and preferences and thus assists us in improving our Website.
How do We Use the Information Collected from You
- We will collect and retain your personally identifiable information only to the extent that it is necessary to fulfil user access and related support to you. Any Personal information submitted by you to the Website or collected by us will be used ONLY for the purposes mentioned below:
- To carry out our requirements arising from your requests on the Website;
- To improve our Website's functionality, and to customise your future user experience with us;
- To make sure that our Website content is presented in the manner that is most effective for you;
- To communicate with you about any changes to our website;
- To verify your identity and perform checks to prevent fraud or misrepresentation.
With Whom do We Share Your Information
- We do not sell, rent, or exchange any personally identifiable information that you provide to us through this Website with any third party for commercial reasons. However, We engage trusted service providers, companies, and/or consultants to perform certain website-related services and our communications-related activities. Through your use of Icrisat.org, you consent to our collection and transfer of your information to our website service providers on a need basis.
How long do We Retain Your Information?
Personal information is retained for the length of time it is needed for use as per our record retention schedule or as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected and then discarded as per the schedule. Non-personal information is retained indefinitely in aggregate form.
Who has Access to Your Information
Your personally identifiable information can be accessed only on a need-to-know basis by certain Icrisat.org employees who are designated to carry out your requested activity, and all such employees are bound to strict confidentiality obligations.
Your Personal Information is protected by appropriate technical and institutional safeguards against unauthorized processing, unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, or unauthorized modification. To prevent unauthorized access, we have put in place the latest industry-standard security technology and procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. We store your personally identifiable information on the computer servers placed in a secure environment. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your personally identifiable information, no entity, including our Website, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Last updated Date: 12/09/2023.