(effective as of 01/09/2023)
In order to pursue its mandate and mission, ICRISAT processes information about individuals (“Personal
Information”). ICRISAT, as the owner and administrator of www.Icrisat.org, collects, stores,
and uses certain types of information about the users of the website.
- www.Icrisat.org (also referred to as "Icrisat.org" or "Website" or "We")
is totally committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of any personal
information received from you ("User"). At Icrisat.org, the confidentiality of our
Users is a top priority.
collect from your visit(s) to our Website, and how We protect the information that you provide
to us when you use our Website. You can be assured that Icrisat.org will use such information
sensibly and carefully, and only in accordance with this privacy statement. We maintain
compliance with the highest standards of website privacy, so our visitors/Users can securely
navigate on our Website. Any information that you provide to Icrisat.org is subject to our Privacy
- By accessing this Website and whenever you submit any information to www.Icrisat.org, or use or
- As part of our information dissemination activities, We may need to send some communications to
you through email and notifications posted on the Website or through other means available,
including text and other forms of messaging. Though we prefer to communicate with our Users via
email, as may be deemed necessary, you agree to receive our phone calls, related to your
interest/request on Icrisat.org.
- When you sign up to receive our e-newsletters, We may periodically send emails about new
publications or other information, which you may find interesting and beneficial as well. If you
do not wish to receive promotional information from us, you can, at any time, choose to opt out
of receiving ICRISAT e-newsletters. To unsubscribe from our e-newsletters, you can follow the
directions included in the e-newsletter.
- You must ensure to provide us with the correct or up-to-date Personal Information. This will
allow us to contact you for further correspondence with respect to your interest/request at
Icrisat.org. We are not responsible for any inaccurate information you provide to us, which may
affect your experience on our website.
- If, at any time, you want to access, update, modify, or eliminate any of your account
information at Icrisat.org, you may do so by clicking "Your Account", and then
review/change your sensitive personal information as you want it to be.
- Icrisat.org may, in the future, request other optional information from you in order to
customize the Website to deliver a personalized experience to our Users.
We Collect About You
- We do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information. You can access and use
the Website without providing any personal information. However, you might provide us with your
personal and demographic information – including your name, gender, age, address, phone number,
email address, affiliation, and any other information– in the following ways:
- As a New User, when you register/create an account, make any request, or upload your details
- As an Existing User, when you update your existing profile on Icrisat.org;
- When you sign up for e-newsletters at Icrisat.org;
- When you use or participate in our various programs, Contact Us or submit your
Testimonials at Icrisat.org.
- During your visit to our Website, We may automatically receive technical information about your
computer/device, including your IP address, your computer operating system, time-zone, browser
type, and browser plug-in details, due to the communication protocol settings on the
- When you browse our Website, We may also collect information regarding the pages you viewed, the
web addresses from which you arrived or clicked through, time spent on particular pages,
download errors, and page response times. All this information helps us analyse Users' trends
and preferences and thus assists us in improving our Website.
How do We
Use the Information Collected from You
- We will collect and retain your personally identifiable information only to the extent that it
is necessary to fulfil user access and related support to you. Any Personal information
submitted by you to the Website or collected by us will be used ONLY for the purposes mentioned
- To carry out our requirements arising from your requests on the Website;
- To improve our Website's functionality, and to customise your future user experience with
- To make sure that our Website content is presented in the manner that is most effective for
- To communicate with you about any changes to our website;
- To verify your identity and perform checks to prevent fraud or
do We Share Your Information
- We do not sell, rent, or exchange any personally identifiable information that you provide to us
through this Website with any third party for commercial reasons. However, We engage trusted
service providers, companies, and/or consultants to perform certain website-related services and
our communications-related activities. Through your use of Icrisat.org, you consent to our
collection and transfer of your information to our website service providers on a need
- As with any entity, it is possible that our institute may go for alliance or may get merged or
acquired by another institute. In such cases, User/User information may get transferred.
Accordingly, in the event that Icrisat.org, or the Institute, is acquired by a third party, such
information may be transferred or acquired by a third party. Under such circumstances,
Icrisat.org would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices
acquirer of Icrisat.org may continue to process your personal information as set forth in this
do We Retain Your Information?
Personal information is retained for the length of time it is needed for use as per our record
retention schedule or as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected and
then discarded as per the schedule. Non-personal information is retained indefinitely in aggregate
Who has Access to Your Information
Your personally identifiable information can be accessed only on a need-to-know basis by certain
Icrisat.org employees who are designated to carry out your requested activity, and all such
employees are bound to strict confidentiality obligations.
How We Use
“Cookies” are small pieces of information placed by a website onto your computer's hard
data about our web page traffic, which helps us save your preferences for your future visits. This
allows us to customise our website according to your interests, which will enable us to deliver a
more personalised user experience to our Users. You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Please
be aware that by declining cookies you may be unable to use our website to its fullest
Your Personal Information is protected by appropriate technical and institutional safeguards against
unauthorized processing, unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, or unauthorized
modification. To prevent unauthorized access, we have put in place the latest industry-standard
security technology and procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. We store your
personally identifiable information on the computer servers placed in a secure environment. Even
though we have taken significant steps to protect your personally identifiable information, no
entity, including our Website, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal
it periodically to ensure that you agree with any such changes that we make. We will make our best
efforts to inform you of any significant amendments by e-mail, message on the Website, or
notification in Your Account. However, it is your exclusive responsibility to check the Policy
regularly to ensure that you agree with it, and your continued use of the Website will be deemed to
be your acceptance of any changes that we make.
Last updated Date: 12/09/2023.